Merchants Square Model Train Exhibit is one of the most exciting destinations in the Lehigh Valley!
- Thirty-thousand lights, stars, moon, and illuminated buildings
- A huge 24′ x 16′ lake with scale rainfall, thunder, and lightning
- 40 model trains including:
- 4 underground subways (visible through glass)
- 5 elevated trains
- 4 pantograph electric trains
- Steam and diesel trains
- The model train layout also includes:
- A 60-piece operating amusement park and operating drive-in movie theater.
- A large scale railroad yard complete with Roundhouse, Turntable, and Engine Maintenance complex
- A ski area featuring 20 operating ski rides and skating ponds
- Over 1,000 structures. Scratch built and commercial, featuring Bernard Steinmacher buildings – hand made, individually hand crafted, fine detail.
A movie plays on the drive-in screen.
The local and the express.
Working railroad crossings.